Overview on Retail Management
Retail Management Coursesmba
Management is the thing which makes the people to come on the same platform. The management is used in the daily life for each and every company and an organisation. The Retail Management is one among them. This course is a two year course. The retail management will be refers with the retail stores and to fulfill the needs of the customers in all the time. The retail management makes the customers to shop anywhere without any difficulties. This course is very rare, some colleges only available.
The Retail Management is mainly used in the retail store and malls where the customers are go for the shopping. These people will be knowing which merchandise should be suitable in that area to the customers. The retailer will know be knowing about each and every product in the store to help the customer. This is how the retail management is used to manage the people and customers.
- The retailer must keep a record of all the products coming into the store and even also about the sold products.
- The products must be well arranged on the shelves according to size, color, gender, patterns and also by the alphabet order. They should be reached to the customers easily.
- Plan the store layout in a proper manner and well designed.
- Necessary labels and stickers and posters must be put on the shelves for the customers to locate the merchandise on their own.
- Don’t keep the customers waiting.
- Make sure the sales representatives attend the customers well.
- Assist them in their shopping and make their shopping with a smile and happily.
- The retailer must ensure enough stock is available at the store.
- Make sure the store is kept clean. The customers must be able to move freely.
- The store manager must make daily sales reports to keep a track of the cash flow.
- Remove the unsold merchandise from the shelves. Keep them somewhere else to ensure it’s an unsold old stock.
- Create an attractive display for the customer.
The job options for Retail Management graduates are very high with a very good salaries for the college graduates. The people who had graduated from the retail management can directly start their career as sale executive or a sales manager. Even he can start over a new own retail business by becoming a franchisee. The demand of the sales executive and managers are very high and these are borrowed from the abroad companies like Wal Mart. The expected salary for the sales executive will be having a good one. The salary of retail management people are between the INR 15,000 to INR 25,000 in the starting. The minimum salary will be around INR 1.5Lac per annum to a fresher student and the maximum will be around INR 15Lacs per annum.
These are some of the companies which have posted the vacancies for the Retail Managers. The people who are really interested in the retail management can have to refer these jobs.
There are no skills needed for the retailer. There should be love for the customers, passion for the career, leading from the front desk, communication skills should be good. The fast pace, the people, and the industry as a whole. The people with this course have a very good career with the satisfied posts and salaries.
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Shamirpet, Hyderabad
- Galaxy Institute of Management, Sriperumbudur, Chennai
- Unitedworld School of Business, Kolkata, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
- L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Hosur Road, Bangalore
- IIPM “Dare to Think Beyond”, Delhi, Qutab Institutional Area, Delhi
- Institute of Business Management & Research – International Business School, Koramangala, Bangalore
- Indian Retail School, Bangalore, Hosur Road, Bangalore