Overview on MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
MBA in Pharmaceutical management is industry oriented program which prepares the future executives to cope with the latest techniques in management and use it to make market strategies for corporate growth required to lead in this industry in the 21st century. It is a specialization which deals with science of chemical and health for the safe and effective use of drugs produced. Combining business strategy with science and technology gives a new horizon to this industry.Medical field do require management professionals to run the business of pharmaceuticals. This sector has now flourished which generates huge revenues. Many medicines and drugs have emerged in the market from different companies which has led to a tough competition to earn profits. This has resulted a need for skilled professional for effective management to obtain maximum profit. So it is a great opportunity for students to pursue MBA in pharmaceuticals management after their graduation.The students pursuing MBA in Pharmaceutical Management will be trained in various fields of business like business environment, drug management, physiology, pharmaceuticals, pharmacy marketing, consumer behavior, managerial economics, accounts and finance, human resource management, pharma product management and many other. Students from medical background can take up this course if they wish to enter the world of management.
- The student should have completed their graduation from any recognized institute.
- Minimum 50% of marks for General and 45% for SC/ST.
- No age limit.
- Entrance Exams: CAT /IBSAT /MAH-CET /ATMA /SNAP /JMET /XAT /MAT
Colleges provide full-time MBA degree, diploma or short term courses. To name some-
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Pharmaceutical Marketing , Lucknow
- SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Sri Sai Group of Institutions, Pathankot
- APIC Institute of Healthcare Studies, New Delhi
- Christian School of Health Sciences, Allahabad
- CMS Education Infra, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Education and Business Management
- MITCON Institute of Management
- Indian School of Business Management
MBA in Pharma is in very much demand in market. In the economic recession pharmacy industries do not get affected or minimally affected in comparison to other industries. Pharmaceuticals companies are scattered all over the world. After completion of the degree, the professionals can work in research organizations, government institutions, universities, industry dealing with pharmacy like manufacturing, machinery, supply chain, corporate strategy management, entrepreneurship and biotech. This sector always requires management professionals for its running. Research is the most crucial profession, a student from medical background can use this opportunity to maximum by developing new drugs and processes.
- Sales manager
- Drug developer
- Marketing and distributions
- Drug cost Accountant
There are ample employment opportunity possible in this field. In addition to job opportunities they can open their own business as well. Students can except to start their income with starting salary of Rs 20,000.