Overview On MBA In Media Management
India has seen a tremendous revolution in Media and Entertainment industry over the last century. The transformation are positive though. The media industry has employed a large number of people. In addition to that it has got endless opportunities. With new companies blooming up, they get associated with this industry for establishing themselves through advertising. The old established ones get associated to stay on the top. Every business requires advertising and marketing for increasing the knowledge of the viewer. So this industry has undergone a corporate revolution. Indian media industry is going west. It is getting associated with international companies for working together. So its reach increases and again opportunity multiplies.Companies are now in search for trained experienced professionals from media background. The students with MBA in media management are the most suitable candidate. It offers students to become well-versed in all the business aspects of the industry, from management to production.
It requires 2-3 years to complete the training in various business processes and different aspects of media industry. The course can give sharpen your skills in investment, technology, innovative digital concepts, business and leadership. The student gains perfection in his work, develop good organizing ability and can even evolve to become an entrepreneur in this field. Media management teaches the student about fundamentals of business, accounting, management, strategy etc. Students also learn the skill of media management like online technologies, marketing, legal issues, accounting and finance, digital techs, information systems.
- Bachelor degree from any recognized institute
- Standardized test score in GMAT, GRE, CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT etc.
- Work experience in the media industry(optional)
There are numerous job options available after completing the course. The growth of MNCs has offered lot of job opportunities with wide scope. Some of the various sectors where the graduates can work are media houses, advertising agency, research, television and radio channels, film industry, Animation Company, events and PR agencies etc. They can come up with various innovative idea to utilize different types of media to develop new programs. Entertainment manager, Event production manager, digital marketing manager, film and music producer are some of the career options. The Times Group, Hindustan Times Media Limited, NDTV, The ABP Group, STAR India, Balaji Telefilms Pvt Ltd are India’s media giants. Graduates of MBA in media management can pursue higher education in Ph.D. in Media. They are required to complete advance courses and a dissertation. They can work in education sector and pursue research.
- Manipal University (MBA in Media and Entertainment)
- Asian Academy of Film and Television
- Genesis Institute of Business Management (PGDM in Advertising and Communication Mgmt.)
- Amity Business School (MBA in Media and Entertainment)
- Om Institute of Business and Technology (MBA in Multimedia)
- MaxValue Online (MBA in Media and Advertising)
- Atma College
- CMS Business School, JAIN University
- GIBS Business school
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management
- L.J. Institute of Management Studies
- Management Academy and Research Centre
- Xavier Institute of Social Science
- Asian School of Media Studies
- AAT, Bangalore
- Aizaz Rizvi College of Journalism & Mass Communication