- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- ATMA (Aims Test For Management Admissions)
- IIFT (Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade)
- IBSAT (IBS Aptitude Test)
- NMAT By GMAC
- MAH (Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
- XAT (XLRI)
Master of Business Administration, popularly known as MBA is the most prestigious and worthwhile master degree being offered in India. Over 200 thousand aspirants sit for the entrance of MBA nationwide. This figure itself says the craze about MBA and its preparation. Only preparation is not enough because there are numerous entrance exams most common being the CAT. Every other MBA exam has its own schedule and exam pattern. Basically MBA entrance exam check the ability of the candidate in certain spheres like quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and reading comprehension, vocabulary, data interpretation & data sufficiency, logical & analytical reasoning, decision making, general awareness, intelligence, etc. Not every entrance exam checks this entire category; these are just the overall areas required to brush up. So below I have compiled the top MBA entrance and their related basic information required to gear up for the bright candidates appearing for the entrance of MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree under minimum of 10+2+3 in any discipline from an authorized academy or a considering university with 45%-50% combined marks (cut- off varies with entrance exams and for reserved groups).
- Any candidate appearing for final year examination in bachelor’s degree is also qualified for MBA(only if he/she is able to present their mark sheet to the entrance exam board within the provided time)
CAT is the most favored entrance test for MBA and is held annually at the time of October/November for admission in all the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and other hundred+ top business schools. The total number of seats has increased to three thousand six hundred ninety-five, sixty being the average students admitted after the onset of six new IIMs in Amritsar, Bodh Gaya, Nagpur, Sirmaur, Sambalpur and Visakhapatnam. Find more details about mba entrance exam here.
MAT is conducted by the Center for Management Services (CMS) division of All India Management Association (AIMA) four times a year in the month of February, May, September and December. It is a conceivable, inclusive test for admissions in different postgraduate management programs.
ATMA is held twice in a year, once in May and next in December. ATMA scores are accepted by around 100 MBA institutions for admission in various management programs after it got approved by the Ministry of HRD of the Government of India to admit on All India basis to the MBA/PGDM and other postgraduate programs like MCA.
The Government of India set up the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in mid-20th century around 1963 as an independent organization to help manage the country’s foreign trade management. It is one of most prestigious business schools in India. For two hundred twenty seats almost 50 thousand candidates compete every year in November.
IBSAT is a national level entrance exam conducted by the ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India) Business School of Hyderabad, for students interested in getting admitted to the management programs of ICFAI. The entrance exam is held annually in December.
GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) in 2015 attained the NMAT exam in India from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) to held MBA exam to give admission in NMIMS University and 15 other management institute overall India between October to December. GMAC has renamed it as ‘NMAT by GMAC’ after domineering the ownership of the exam.
Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test is held by (Data Terminal Equipment) DTE, Maharashtra for admission to MBA and PGDM courses in Government, University Managed and Private organizations of Maharashtra. The exam is conducted within February to March.
One of popular mba entrance exam in India, the most deserving candidates for management study from all over India are screened by XLRI for more than sixty years.MBA Exam More than one hundred forty business schools use XAT score for giving admission to students. Thirty-three cities in India conducts XAT exam every year in November. Approximately 90 thousand candidates appear in the test each year.
Other Regional MBA Exam
There are many other State level MBA entrance exam held around India to admit aspiring candidates for pursuing MBA. I have listed the well-known ones along with the month of examination held and their website.
- CUSAT(Cochin University of Science and Technology)-June
- PAM-CAT (GNDU, Amritsar / PTU, Jalandhar / Punjbai University, Patiala)-June/July
- MET-MP (Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board)- July
- TANCET (Anna University, Chennai)- May
- OCET (Punjab University, Chandigarh)- June
- UP-SEE (UP Technical University)- April
- Orissa JEE (Orissa JEE)- May
- GCET (Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board)- July
- KMAT (Karnataka Private Post-Graduate Colleges’ Association)- July
- RMAT (Rajasthan Technical University)- June
- UPMCAT (Uttar Pradesh Technical University)- May
I am sure after going through this comprehensive MBA Exam list of entrance exams for MBA in India you will face the minimum of problems possible. So I wish you all the luck for your upcoming Entrance Exam and hope you pursue your MBA from your dream college.
P.S.: now work hard on your preparations!