Overview of MBA In China
With the massive human resource factor playing to China’s advantage and it’s ever booming market, and not to mention it’s stronghold on the global markets make China as one of the top choices for business contenders to pursue their MBA. There is also growing popularity for Chinese women seeking to complete their education by means of obtaining an MBA degree. There are increasingly a large number of B-schools who are accepting students with little or no work experience. The diversity of students being admitted, culture, food, history, climate, environment, etc. are many favourable factors for students to choose China as one of their choices for pursuing an MBA. Anyone can pursue an MBA degree as long as long as they have basic educational qualifications and no job constraints are weighed upon when students apply for programmes. Little jobs such as domestic company jobs are equally respected as the high end jobs such as engineers etc.
Specifications for admission into universities differs from school to school. However most schools require that applicants adhere to the following criteria:
1. A basic bachelor’s degree in any discipline or above, (else an equivalent degree should also do)
2. GMAT is not required. However some schools may ask for it therefore it is good practice to take the exam and keep the scores ready in case it’s required.
3. Minimum of three years of working experience at any job. (depends from institute to institute)
- CEIBS China Europe International Business School – Shanghai Campus, Shanghai
2. Fudan University – School of Management (Shanghai)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University – Antai College of Economics and Management (Shanghai)
4. Tsinghua University (Beijing)
5. Sun Yat-sen University – Lingnan (University) College (Guangzhou)
6. Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF), Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
7. Sun Yat-Sen University – Sun Yat-Sen Business School (Guangzhou)
8. AIOU Asia International Open University (Macau)
9. Hult International Business School – Shanghai Campus
10.East China University of Science and Technology (Shanghai)
11. Peking University (Beida) – Guanghua School of Management (Beijing)
- Tongji University – School of Economics and Management (Shanghai)
- Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (Beijing)
- HKUST Business School – Shenzhen Campus
- University of Maryland – Robert H. Smith School of Business – Beijing Campus
- Peking University (Beida) / Beijing International MBA (BiMBA) (Beijing)
17. Nanjing University (Nanjing)
18. Southwest University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) (Chengdu City, Sichuan Province)
19. Beijing Institute of Technology – School of Management and Economics (Beijing)
20. Xi’an Jiaotong University (Xi’an City)
21. Renmin University Of China (Beijing)
22. Shanghai University of Finance and Economics – College of Business (Shanghai)
23. Shandong University – School of Economics (Jinan)
24. Nankai University (Tianjin)
25. Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS) – Graduate School of Business (Guangzhou)
There are many ways to earn a scholarship into one of these prestigious universities. Step one would be to research on the respective University’s website for scholarship offers and then to apply accordingly. Other ways include research of the following on the following website: http://www.cucas.edu.cn/
There are 4 main scholarship categories:
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Chinese Local Government Scholarship
3. University Scholarships (May including tuition fees, accommodation, living allowance, etc.
4. Enterprise Scholarship (Established by enterprises in China or other countries)
Cost of living approx. can range from 2,000¥ to 19,000 ¥
Entrance into the country for studies is not a cumbersome process. Students typically receive a VISA Application permit upon the arrival of news of their acceptance into a university’s MBA programme. The form is called JW202 and is stamped by the accepting Business School or institute. It’s short form is popularly known as the X-VISA which is effectively a student’s VISA. For other legal related matters and specifications, it would be wise to consult a member of the Chinese embassy in your local town or city.
Coursesmba.com focuses on assisting students towards admissions in top colleges all across world in all the streams of education. For more information, visit www.coursesmba.com or mail at email@example.com. You can also call at 9533553390.