Overview On GMAT And Its Procedure
The Graduate Management Admission Test is conducted to assess your analytical skill, quantitative skill, verbal, reading, writing skills in English. Then the qualified candidate is admitted to the management program.
The test would go for four hours. 5-minute break would be allowed.
If you have a GRE score, then you need not to take the GMAT test for certain management schools. Depend on the choice of your MBA program you have to take either GMAT or GRE.
- You should be 18 years old.
- You have to get the permission letter from your parents or guardian if you are in the age between 13 to 17 years.
- You cannot take the exam more than 5 times within a year.
- You have to wait for 31 days before you take the exam again.
If you have reached the score of 800 during your previous attempts, then you have to wait for at least 5 years. These are the eligibility criteria as per the Graduate Management Admission Council. The eligibility criteria with regards to your work experience and academic background will be decided by the management college.
- You have to visit the website for GMAT.
- Register for GMAT
- Provide all the required details like your personal, educational and professional details.
- You have to click the tab GMAT Exam and select the exam schedule option.
- You have to choose the option schedule a GMAT appointment and should find your test center.
- You can select up to 3 test centers as the maximum.
- With reference to the available date, you can book your test date.
- After you select the date, you have to do the payment. Then only your registration process would be completed.
Your critical-thinking ability and your writing skill will be assessed. You need to analyze the given argument and should be able to provide a critique for that argument.
Certain information will be provided to you in different formats from different sources. You need to evaluate the provided information. Your skills will be tested, whether you are capable to compete with others or not.
Through your reasoning skills, you need to analyze the data and should be able to provide conclusions. You should be good in mathematics to understand and solve the question. You have to remember the mathematics which is taught to you in higher secondary of school.
The candidate needs to understand the provided material. You should have good reading, writing skills and you need to evaluate the argument. You should be good in written English.
Your score will be displayed in the screen after the exam is over. If you need to send your score to many institutes, then you can do that by log in to the GMAT website.On the basis of your score, the B-schools will shortlist the candidates. The final selection of the candidate will be based on other procedures such as final interview, recommendation letters and the details provided in the application form.The chance of getting selected is more if your profile is more vibrant. The B-school management will give more preference to your experience, academic details and sports activities. In your application form, you should clearly mention that why you are interested in a particular MBA specialization. You need to provide a recommendation letter thereby they can be able to understand the other’s opinion about you.
If you prepare well for the exams, then you can be able to clear the test within two attempts.