Overview On Dual Specialization In MBA
MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration. It is a post graduate degree. Anyone who wants to pursue MBA should be a graduate in any field. MBA course is offered by an affiliated university. There are two options
-SCM( supply chain management)
MBA is done with a subject taken up as a specialization subject but if instead of taking one subject a student chooses two subjects then that is a Dual Specialization in MBA.
For example if a students is doing his or her post-graduation from specialization in Finance that means that he will be studying Business Administration subjects but extra focus has been given in the field of Finance and if a student is doing specialization in Finance and HR then focus is on these two subjects.
- Dual specialization should be pursued by those students who have interest in more than one field and have the capability of doing so.
- For example if someone has specialization in Finance and HR then Banking is a very promising field for them.
- The most in demand is MBA with specialization in marketing and finance as both the subjects form an integral part of the industry.
The most basic benefit of doing Dual specialization is that if jobs in one subject are unavailable then the student can opt for jobs in other subject.
For example if a student has dual specialization in finance and IT then he can sit for interviews in either finance sector or in IT sector.
Also there is a growing need of students who can multitask. Students who can fit in diverse fields are the most in demand as a candidate is required to perform various activities.
Dual specialization means more efforts, more dedication and more exposure which are the qualities required in today’s world.
A person with Dual specialization can shift his or her career from one subject to another any time they want.
- Some of the colleges offering this course in India are-
- National Institute Of Management , Mumbai
- BLS Institute of Management , Ghaziabad
- India Institute of Commerce and Trade , Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Pharmaceutical Marketing , Lucknow
- Jaypee Business School , Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management , Pune
Eligibility for this course depends upon institute to institute.
Almost all institutes have an entrance test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Many institutes also ask for valid score in CAT / XAT / GMAT .
The most basic criteria is that the applicant must have a graduation degree with minimum of 50% marks.
All institutes have their own fee structure. This course can cost from 3-4 lakhs up-to 12-15 lakhs.