Overview On Construction Management
Ever noticed the rooms or building you live in? What if the walls were tilted or the roof too low? That would not only be a disaster but a complete waste of time and money too. So that things like do not happen our buildings or houses are constructed by Construction Managers.
Construction Management deals with the complete planning of a construction project from the beginning till the completion.Construction Industry is very vast and involves sectors like residential, heavy civil, commercial, industrial, environmental etc. Construction Management is different for different sectors. The basic work would be the same but specifications like construction site, equipment, materials etc. make the difference.
There are graduate as well as post graduate courses in this field such as bachelor of technology in civil or master of technology in civil.There are also diploma courses in this field.
These courses prepare an individual to provide complete knowledge as to how to construct the desired building and what all precautions to be taken? They provide in depth knowledge as to in how to make a building durable, resilient to natural calamities, escape ways during fire, safe incase children are also amongst the resident or user of building, what materials to use to make it safe from seepage and much more.
Some of the colleges that offer courses in Construction Management are-
- NICMAR School of Construction Management , Pune – Post Graduate Programme (Advanced Construction Management)
- NICMAR’s Construction Industry Staff College, Hyderabad – five courses offered like Post Graduate Programme (Advanced Construction Management) , Post Graduate in Project Engineering & Management
- Visvesvaraya Institute of Production & Construction Engineering – five courses offered like Bachelor of Technology (Civil Engineering)
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata – Bachelor of Engineering (construction)
- International Council for Management Studies, Chennai – 43 courses offered like Diploma in Safety in Construction
- Institute of Safety Management, Chennai – 9 courses offered like Diploma in Safety in Construction & Health
- International Institute for Learning in Management Business School, Raipur – 8 courses offered like Post Graduate Programme in Real Estate & Construction Management
These courses should be pursued by those who have a vision to create. They should be strong in geometry and in finance.This field is for those who are passionate to make this world more beautiful by their constructions.This field requires precision to smallest detail.
Population is increasing and so is increasing the need for new houses, new offices, new schools, new colleges, recreational places etc. hence the demand for professionals in this field is ever increasing.Demand for Construction Managers is in both the sectors private as well as public.Professionals are required at every step be it site selection or material selection or management of labors or managing finances or to guide labors for desired outcome or ensuring everyone’s safety.Posts like site manager, head of labors, head of finance department, head of supplies, lead engineer of the project are always open be it construction of a house or an office.