Overview About Business Schools Rankings
B school stands for Business school. These schools are also known as school of management or school of business administration.
These schools confers degrees of diplomas in business administration or management.
Subjects pertaining to these institutes are economics, human resource management, entrepreneurship, public relations, finance etc.
There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in B schools. Every B school is different and provides different courses with different specialization. Courses and fee structure vary from institute to institute.
- D (diploma)
The most important courses of B school are MBA and PGDM.
Students who want to make a career in business or industry field.
For this reason the most in demand are MBA and PGDM.
MBA helps in developing technical skills and PGDM prepares you for high level market positions. MBA gives you knowledge in business orientation and PGDM makes you ready for challenges of market. If one wants to be an entrepreneur then MBA is the clear cut choice.
This field is basically for students of commerce but after graduation even students of science field opt for these courses.
Eligibility for any course depends upon institute to institute.
The most basic eligibility criteria is
For undergraduate course- applicants must be intermediate pass ( 10 + 2) (minimum marks required depends on the institute)
For postgraduate courses- applicants must be a graduate with minimum 50%. Almost every institute asks for valid score card of GMAT / CAT / XAT . Most institutes have their own entrance test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Institutes are ranked in accordance with quality of students that have passed out, quality of faculty, placements, image of institute , location, infrastructure, fee and courses offered.
Top B schools in India are –
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Ahemdabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- SP. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- XLRI Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
– Prestige Institute of Management Dewas
– Accman Institute of Management
– Accurate Business School
– Alliance University
B schools prepare you for the competitive world. These courses give you better understanding of managing resources and time, finance management, public dealing and you get prepared for starting your own business.
Benefits of postgraduate courses of B school are that it increases career opportunities and also increases your salary scope.
B school do not need AICTE approval. They should be recognized by any notable university.