Overview On Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)
Birla Institute of Management Technology is a business school which was founded in 1988. It is primarily located in Greater Noida, However it has opened a new business school in Bhubaneshwar too. It is an autonomous institute and is AICTE approved. The vision of BIMTECH is ‘To be known for developing ethical global leaders and entrepreneurs striving for sustainability and inclusive growth.’ It is ranked 15th among the top business schools in India according to 2015 ranking. The institute has partnerships with foreign universities to carry out various student exchange programs, academic programs , research programs etc. The selection in this college is based on the CAT (common admission test) score, and the graduation marks.
It has a fully air conditioned, wifi enabled, residential campus. It provides various facilities such as:
- Dining Hall
- Sports Facilities
- Meditation Centre
- Tuck shop
- Salon and Beauty Parlour
- Transport Services
- Bank ATM
- Medical Centre
This program is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education for its equivalence with an MBA. The aim of the program is to help students build new skills in every domain of business such as finance, marketing, human resource , strategy making, operations, business ethics etc. Practical aspects of management are more focused upon in the designed curriculum. Entrepreneurship skills, leadership skills, confidence, knowledge, team spirit, and other social and professional values are inculcated into the students through this program.
The main objectives of the program are:
- To help students acquire oral and written skills, for good communication with clarity of thoughts and speech
- To teach the students formal presentation skills so that the students are able to deliver professional level presentations with creativity and logical structure
- To help the students develop effective listening skills as well as good interpersonal communication skills
- To inculcate team spirit in the students
- To help the student develop structured analytical thinking capability
- To solve various business issues and problems by properly identifying the source and describing the problem
- To teach the students to propose various solutions for the problem and then develop the skill to identify the optimal solution
- To make the students understand ethical issues in business settings and also take decision in the right perspective
- To help the students identify local and global business issues to enable better understanding of business dynamics
PGMD ( International Business), PGDM ( Insurance Business Management) and PGDM ( Retail Management) are also very prominent courses offered by the institution.