Overview on Admission Procedure in Indian institute of Management IIM Bangalore
About Indian Institute of Management IIM Bangalore
It was established in 1973. It is one of the most known institute for management courses.
IIMB is accredited by EQUIS. It was awarded Obama Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative award. It has been awarded Best Business School in Central Asia by Eduniversal (Paris) for seven consecutive times.
It is the first B-school to sign an agreement with Harvard Business Publishing to distribute its teaching cases globally and because of that IIMB joins a selected group of B-School such as Stanford Graduate School of Business, Kellogg Graduate School of Management and the Darden School of Business.
- Doctoral/FPM(Fellow Programme in Management)
- Post Graduate Programmes in
- Public policy and Management
- Enterprise Management
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management
- It also offers Short Duration Programmes(3-5 days)
- It also offers Long Duration Programmes(2-12 months)
IIMB’s faculty is highly qualified and experienced. Every subject has its own special requirement and has its own special expert to help the students. Faculties are available for various subjects such as
- Corporate Strategy and Policy
- Economics and Social Sciences
- Finance and Control
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Public Policy
- Quantitative Methods and Information Systems
IIMB is successfully growing under the guidance of Mr.Sushil Vachani( Director) .
- EPGP – the process starts with submission of online application form. The basic criteria includes
- Graduate in any discipline with minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- 4 – 15 years of work experience after graduation
- A valid GMAT or GRE score
- There are two rounds for you to apply. If you are applying in Round 1 then your GMAT or GRE test date must fall on or between September 1,2010 and August 31,2015.
If you are applying for Round 2 then your GMAT or GRE test date must fall between December 1,2010 and November 30,2015.
- A statement of purpose that enables the student to highlight their future goals.
- Two references(on-line), preferably one from the current employer or from an individual who is in position to evaluate job performance.
- FPM- it is a five year course. The process starts with submission of online application form. The basic criteria includes
- A master’s degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks.
- Or a professional qualification like CA/ICWA/CS with at least 55% marks.
- A 4year/8semester Bachelor’s degree(10+2+4) with at least 60%.
- Candidates require a valid test score either of GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF( NET) or must take IIMB test to be considered for admission.
- PGP – the first shortlist of candidates is based on securing minimum section wise and aggregate percentile score in CAT. Candidates obtaining a positive raw score in all sections of CAT will only be considered. There will be a personal interview of further selected candidates.
- PGPEM – an applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% that has been recognized by an authorized body in India. Degrees from outside of India are also applicable provided their equivalence to accepted degrees is established.
Applicants require a valid GMAT , CAT or GRE score card to be considered for examination. There will be a personal interview also.
For non-government applicants- an applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% that has been recognized by authorized body in India.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience after graduation.
- Maximum age is 40 years.
- A valid score card of CAT, GMAT or GRE.
For more details kindly refer to the site and download the admission procedure pdfs.
Address: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore, India. Pin code: 560076.
Phone: +91-80-26582450/ 26993996