Overview on how top b schools in India should be chosen
B school stands for Business school. These schools are also known as school of management or school of business administration.These schools confers degrees of diplomas in business administration or management. Top b schools in India Subjects pertaining to these institutes are economics, human resource management, entrepreneurship, public relations, finance etc.
There are various undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in B schools. Every B school is different and provides different courses with different specialization. Courses and fee structure vary from institute to institute.
- Ph.D (diploma)
The most important courses of B school are MBA and PGDM.
Parameters for choosing best B schools are –
- Quality of Students
Majority of what a student learns in a B school is dependent upon his
or her exposure , group activities , assignments and experience.
Hence it is important to see the quality of students present in an
Institute as those are the people a new student would learn from.
It is important to check the qualification of the faculty of the institute
you are about to choose as they are the ones who would be shaping
your future. The faculty should atleast be post-graduates from the
field they are teaching and should be experienced.
With a large numbers of B schools competition for jobs is increasing.
Many institutes boast of 100% placement s one should first check
if that’s true or a hoax.
The standard of recruiters decide the standard of knowledge and
experience given by the institute.
You should prefer institutes with calm surroundings as they have a
soothing effect on a student and hence motivates them to study.
Many institutes are located in industrial are as this may benefit to
extend but has negative impacts like polluted air,constant noises etc.
- Courses offered
You should always check the course offered by the institute and see
If they have the course that you desire with right faculty.
Institutes should be chosen according to your budget because if you
can’t afford that institute it un-necessarily puts pressure on you.
Now a days every bank has new schemes for education loan so one
can avail that too.
Institute should have the right infrastructure to full fill the needs of
its students. Hostels , classrooms with audio-visual aids, laboratories,
cafeterias, sports facilities, medical facilities are a few to name.
- Eligibility for any course depends upon institute to institute.
- The most basic eligibility criteria is
- For undergraduate course- applicants must be intermediate pass ( 10 + 2) (minimum marks required depends on the institute)
- For postgraduate courses- applicants must be a graduate with minimum 50%. Almost every institute asks for valid score card of GMAT / CAT / XAT . Most institutes have their own entrance test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Students who want to make a career in business or industry field.For this reason the most in demand are MBA and PGDM. MBA helps in developing technical skills and PGDM prepares you for high level market positions. MBA gives you knowledge in business orientation and PGDM makes you ready for challenges of market. If one wants to be an entrepreneur then MBA is the clear cut choice.This field is basically for students of commerce but after graduation even students of science field opt for these courses.
The top b schools in India Institutes are ranked in accourdance with quality of students that have passed out, quality of faculty, placements, image of institute , location, infrastructure, fee and courses offered.
Top B schools in India are –
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- XLRI Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
– IFIM Business School
– Prestige Institute of Management Dewas
– Accman Institute of Management
– Accurate Business School
– Acharya School of Management
– Alliance University