Overview On Supply Chain Management In India
Supply Chain Management is the field where the management is involved from the supplier end till customer end. This field includes the management of materials, finances, flow of process etc within and among various companies.This field includes the process from beginning that is from the raw material being processed into finished goods till the products reach the customer.It creates an even ratio between the demand and supply. This field involves operation management, information technology, logistics, finance & public Dealing.It is involved in every step be it goods being sent upstream or downstream or their information being circulated among suppliers, company, resellers and customers.It is not easy as it includes systematic and strategic coordination throughout the chain.Its main motive is to provide satisfaction to the customer along with profit to all involved in the chain.
There are various courses available in the field of Supply Chain Management. There are undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree is available in this field.Various institutes offer programs like bachelor in supply chain management or Masters of Business Administration in Supply Chain Management or PG courses in Supply Chain Management.These courses prepares an individual for competitive market.
- Colleges that offer various programs in Supply Chain Management are-
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore – Supply Chain Management Centre
- EduKart.com – PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management – Fees INR 69000 /- .
- Indian Business School of Advanced Management Studies Mumbai – Masters Program in Retail Supply Chain Management – Fees INR 50,000 to 1,00,000.
- Faculty of Sciences, Jain University Bangalore/ Bengalooru – BCA + Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain
- Confederation of Indian Institute of Logistics – Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Department of Management Studies, Jai Narain Vyas University – Post Graduate Diploma in Material & Supply Chain Management
- Jyotirmoy School of Management & Sciences – Bachelor in Supply Chain Management – Fees INR 1 to 2 Lakh.
- George Group of Colleges, Kolkata – Bachelor in Supply Chain Management – Fees INR 1 to 2 Lakh.
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun – Master of Business Administration in Logistics & Supply Chain Management – Fees INR <50,000 /-.
- These courses should be pursued by those who can handle the pressure and still think strategically.
- Those students who think that they have the capability to face the fierce competition and still make every move in a planned and organized manner should pursue these courses.
- They should be efficient in not only planning things but also coordinating them to every small detail.
- They should be capable of keeping good terms in between the intermediate parties of the chain like suppliers or companies or resellers or customers.
Supply Chain Management majors have a career opportunity in almost every company. They can be recruited as purchasing analyst, buyer, planning head, traffic analyst, inventory specialist, production coordinator, transportation coordinator.Graduates from this field can apply in any sector public or private.Everywhere managers or heads are required to keep a check on production, demand, supply, finances, customer satisfaction and this provides ample scope for this course.