Overview On Scope Of MBA In Operations
MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration. It is a post graduate degree. Anyone who wants to pursue MBA should be a graduate in any field. MBA course is offered by an affiliated university. There are two options
– Full time MBA
– Part time MBA.
Some of the subjects that it includes are-
-HR ( Human Resources)
-IT ( information technology)
This course focuses on the concept of production and operation function of an organization and are divided as Study of service operation Study of manufacturing or production operations It is concerned with organizing, planning, manufacturing, provision of services and contexts of production.
Operation management has firm foundation in –
-supply chain management
This course helps student to enter the industry with requisite skills.It offers a global perspective on industry trend and an awareness of any financial regulations or political uncertainties that could impact an organization.Emphasis is given on strategic thinking.
Graduates from MBA in Operations have many career options as every industry or organization requires a professional t see their operation are being carried out efficiently.Graduates from this field may pursue career in consulting, inventory control, operations strategy, manufacturing strategy etc.Many company demands for such professionals for the post of Supply Chain Manager.
Who should pursue it?
Those who want to pursue this course must be very fast in learning as they have to learn how a process is followed in a company so as to make sure it functions properly.You should be a team player and a leader at the same time.
Top B schools in India are –
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Ahemdabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- XLRI Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
– IFIM Business School
– Prestige Institute of Management Dewas
– Accman Institute of Management
– Accurate Business School
– Acharya School of Management
– Alliance University