Overview on Textile Management
In India after agriculture industry the Textile Industry is the largest supplier. The textile Industry needs management graduates with skills like textile manufacturing to merchandising and every work in between. MBA in Textile Management is a different and up growing management course in the world. There is wide career and opportunities in the world to move in the Textile industry. The people who are well skilled and talented in the designing of clothes and other things will have a great future in this stream. The MBA in Textile Management is two years full time course and with different types subjects involved in it.
The Masters Programme in Fashion and the Textile Marketing is a response to the growing demands of the fashion industry for creative and skilled people. There are many innovative and different challenges for fashion companies involve not only dealing with increased global competition but also with issues of sustainability. The programme will give you knowledge about these challenges and believe to work with fashion marketing, brand management and consumer behaviour as well as the planning and performing of fashion marketing activities around the world. The programme provides knowledge about fashion marketing both in theory and in applications. The Textile Management will enable you to analyse problems, manage brand ownership and to design innovative marketing programmes in the fashion sector based on fashion or trends of the people. There is wide range of increase in the world for the Textiles in all over the world. It is a developed course in India.
They have an excellent opportunities in the Textile Industry. India is rapidly growing in the Textile industry and many people for the textile companies. The opportunities are open for the people who are all very much interested in the manufacturing and designing and marketing of these goods. There are various levels in this industry like over,
- Management Trainee
- Technical Sales
- Industrial Engineering Management
- Product Development
- Customer Relations
- Human Resources
- Cost and Inventory Control Management
A few good colleges that provide management courses in Textile Management are as follows:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, Tamil Nadu.
• Indian Management School and Research Centre, Mumbai.
• Institute of Business Management Studies, Mumbai.
• National Institute of Retail Management, Bangalore.
• Athos College of Management, Pune.
For the entry of these colleges the students should be attending for some of the examinations to get their admission over that college. Some of the examinations which are for students are
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute Of Textile Management Entrance Test
- IGNOU– Entrance test
- The AIMS Test for Management Admissions
- Institute of Textile Technology and Management Entrance Exam.
The college admission will be based on the merit and score in under graduation programmes. The college fee also gets differ from the college to college. The college fees for the course is around 4-5 lakhs for the entire course of 2 years in almost all the colleges. Some of the colleges also offer scholarships to the students who perform exceptionally well in the entrance exams as well as in the academics during the pursuing of the course.
- A graduate from any discipline (recognized by UGC / AICTE) with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education and having 50 percent or above (45 percent or above for SC/ST/DAP*) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission.
- The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution.
- In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by Institute by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
The job opportunities are more and available in very big brands like ITC, Shopper’s Stop, Aditya Birla Group, Appachi etc… who will offers packages of 3.5 to 4 lakhs per annum to deserving candidates for selected profiles. While packages from other colleges are also as less as 1.8 to 2.2 lakhs per annum initially but the CTC is doubled as they gain experience after 2-3 years. The people will be having a very good future in Textile Industry.
The people who are very much interested in the clothes, design of textiles and marketing the textiles can be taken this as their post-graduation course for the better future.