Overview On MBA Scholarships
There is a tough competition for obtaining scholarships amongst aspiring MBA applicants. In reality, there are very few scholarship opportunities and above all, there is stiff competition for it. Very few universities and B-schools offer scholarships that amount for either part or complete fee waiver. Then there also some countries that offer scholarships for students that fall under a certain criteria. We shall read more on them in the course of this article.
Not many know of these opportunities that one may try for fee waivers for their MBA degree. Here are a list of the same:
1. www.topmba.com has pledged 1.7 million dollars in scholarship funding for students wishing to pursue studies related to MBA. Interested students are requested to visit QS fairs, take part in the applicant survey and apply for the scholarship.
2. Arizona State University is offering 120 full fee scholarships (does not cover living expenses) for students who wish to be admitted under their MBA program. The move is mainly aimed at attracting top applicants to add to the university’s student populous, increasing competition with other institutes, boosting of institute’s reputation and enhancing career opportunities in the state of Arizona.
3. Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships are for students from any country wishing to study anywhere in the world. This is a fellowship programme and is usually very hard to get because of the stiff competition.
1) United States
1.1) AT&T Leadership Awards (For admission into US universities only)
1.2) Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships
2) United Kingdom
2.1) British Chevening Scholarships
2.2) Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plan (CSFP)
2.3) Department for International Development (DFID) Shared Scholarship Scheme
3.1) The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
3.2) Ontario Graduate Scholarship Programme
3.3) Quebec Provincial Government Scholarships
4.1) Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai fellowship
4.2) Need- And Merit-Based Scholarships
4.3) Aga Khan Foundation
4.4) Inlaks Scholarships
4.5) The India Trust Fellowship
4.6) Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
1) Forte Fellows Program – Offers scholarships to women of any nationality worth $15,000 to $25,000.
2) INSEAD Alumni Fund (IAF) Women’s Scholarship – Scholarship offered to women who wish to pursue MBA at INSEAD worth €15,000.
3) INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women worth €10,000
4) INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship worth €15,000
5) Nestle MBA Scholarships for Women at IMD worth CHF 25,000
6) Fondation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships at HEC Paris for women from Asian or African countries where they’re suffering from natural disasters, scholarship worth €20,000 is granted.
7) ESADE Women of the World Scholarship offers scholarships to women from all around the world with proven financial needs, offers coverage of 50% of the tuition fees.
8) London Business School Women’s Scholarships worth £20,000 to £30,000 for the first year.
9) ESMT Academic Excellence Scholarships for Women who have an excellent academic history and a perfect GMAT score. This scholarship covers the complete tuition fee.
10) SDA Bocconi Scholarships for Women worth upto 50% to 70% of the total tuition fee.
|Name of B-school||Part fee waiver||Full fee waiver|
|Harvard Business School MBA Scholarships (USA)||✓||✓|
|Wharton Business School MBA Scholarships (USA)||✓||✓|
|Stanford Business School MBA Scholarships (USA)||✓||✓|
|London Business School MBA Scholarships (UK)||✓|
|Said Business School MBA Scholarships (UK)||✓||✓|
|Warwick Business School MBA Scholarships (UK)||✓|
|Cranfield School of Management MBA Scholarships (UK)||✓|
|IMD MBA Scholarships (Switzerland)||✓|
|INSEAD MBA Scholarships (France/Singapore)||✓|
|HEC Paris MBA Scholarships (France)||✓|
|ESADE Business School MBA Scholarships (Spain)||✓|
|ESMT MBA Scholarships (Germany)||✓|
|SDA Bocconi MBA Scholarships (Italy)||✓||✓|
|Tuck School of Business (US)||✓|
|Columbia Business School (US)||✓|
|Sloan School of Management, MIT (US)||✓|
|Haas School of Business (US)||✓||✓|
1) INSEAD-Sygenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Students worth €22,500.
2) INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship
3) INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowment Scholarships
4) Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships at ESMT worth €58,000
5) HEC-Eiffel Scholarships in MBA for Developing Countries
6) IMD Jim Ellert MBA Scholarships worth CHF 20,000
7) Van Oord Scholarships
8) Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarships at London Business School
9) Canon Collins Distance Learning MBA Scholarships at Edinburgh Business School