Overview on MBA in Public Administration
MBA graduates who have specialized in Public Administration usually seek employment in sectors involving administration of duties assigned within their respective disciplines. These professionals are responsible for the success of the company with their senior executive positions and may be entrusted with important business management related matters. Students that graduate from this discipline usually go into jobs such as justice related careers, public administration teaching posts, business management, and other government or non-profit related jobs.
The recommended option upon completion of this course is that students go in for a public administration doctoral degree to further enhance their careers, thereby strengthening their value on the employment market.
Students wishing to pursue such a degree must satisfy a set of requisites as eligibility criteria. Most of them are common to all MBA degrees, specifications differ from institute to institute.
The following must be satisfied by students:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or any other equivalent degree
2. A suitable GMAT score (or any other entrance exam score applicable, depends upon the university)
3. Work experience of at least 2 years
Some institutes require their students to have taken a specialization course in accounting, economics and finance before registering for the course. Basically students are required to have a basic understanding of business related matters before undertaking the course.
An MBA degree specializing in Public Administration aims to tailor its students for senior executive positions in any field of profession. Subjects such as economics, accounting, international market studies, business regulations and taxation, human resource management, business management, finance and marketing, are typically included in such courses. These courses also require extra yet essential concepts and courses on the same are covered in such programs. To name a few of these important topics, such as executive-legislative relations, Budget processes, public service ethics, enterprise management, business relations, HR, public communication, public budgeting, public service legalities, public service management, finance management, etc.
Professionals who are seeking to enhance their careers by opting for this specialization may consider that they should be excellent in communication and have a good analytical reasoning power with them. They should also great problem solvers and have excellent administrative, team leader, group-worker related skills. This will come especially in handy as they are holding administrative positions in their company hence a lot of responsibility shall fall on their shoulders. MBA graduates specializing in Public Administration should take care that they are well informed about the processes that are ongoing within the company in order to be effective administrators of their respective departments within that company.
1. Ashford University, US
2. Kaplan University, US
3. North Central University, US
4. University of South Dakota, US
5. University of Delaware, US
6. Southern New Hampshire University, UK
7. Colorado Technical University, US
8. Harvard University, US
9. University of Pennsylvania, US
10. Keller Graduate School of Management, US
1. Anugrah Narayan College
2. Government College for Girls
3. Acharya Nagarjuna University
4. Andhra University College of Arts & Commerce
5. Abhinav Institute of Technology & Management
6. Government Arts College, Coimbatore
7. Bananas Hindu University.
8. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
9. Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
10. Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
11. SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
12. Andhra University College of Arts & Commerce, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
13. Deccan School of Management, Owaisi Hospital & Research Center, Hyderabad
14. Anugrah Narayan College (ANC), Patna, Bihar, India
15. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore