Overview on Marketing Management
Marketing Management is a business discipline which focuses on the practical application of marketing techniques and the management of a firm’s marketing resources and activities. This one of the oldest management course and many do the post-graduation in Marketing Management. The Marketing is a two years full time course and four years for the part time course. There is wide variety of opportunities of marketing jobs all over the world. The Marketing means selling or purchase a specific product at a beneficiary price or a profit price. The Marketing Management is a field where there is always a scope for innovation and competition as too many products will via each other in the market.
This management specialization mainly in the following streams which are important and kept in brain all over the life,
- Business to Business Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Product Management / Brand Management
- Marketing Decision Models
- Competitive Marketing Strategy
- Services Marketing
- Relationship Marketing
- Sales and Distribution Management
The specialization in marketing have very good career in the future and have a lots of challenges. The posts will be increasing based on the experience of the work and performance in his career. Some of the core subjects in the marketing are,
- Advanced Marketing Management
- Mathematical Methods in Marketing
- Marketing Models
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Models and Estimation
- Research Perspectives in Consumer Behaviour and many more subjects are covered in the Marketing Management.
There are many jobs all over the world for the Marketing as every company and organisation needs the marketing representatives to publish, sell and purchase of goods. These all things need a marketing manager who looks the cost and load of the goods and he will be purchasing the things in a profit manner and same in the selling in profit. The marketing career will be starts with the marketing executive, then as an Assistant Marketing Manager and then as Marketing Manager. These comes in flow with an experience and performance of work.
These some of jobs for the reference which are kept in the public websites. The people who are really interested in the marketing challenges can have a look on the career streams.
- IIMs are the most preferred place for any MBA aspirant and through a good CAT score and soft skills, admission to MBA can be secured. IIMs also accept GMAT scores.
- To pursue MBA in Marketing Management in foreign universities, candidate should have both GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS score where the latter is a test of English proficiency. Funding could be a constraint that can be handled with educational loans.
- There are many other premiere institutes that accept either CAT scores or their own examination scores to admit students.
The start of the career as Marketing Executive, a compensation between INR 2Lakhs and 3 lakhs per annum is what nominal in the market. Compensation of Assistant Marketing Manager may go up to INR 4.5 lakhs per annum and that of a Marketing Manager may float around INR 6 lakhs per annum.
Many of the colleges will be providing the marketing management and some of the good colleges all over the India are,
- Institute of Marketing & Management, New Delhi
- Rawal Institute of Management, Faridabad
- Manav Rachna International University, Faculty of Management Studies, Haryana
- Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies, Mumbai
- Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology, Uttar Pradesh
- College of Management & Economics Studies, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
The people who are where much interested in taking the challenges, innovation, selling, purchasing and different new thing in all over the career can choose their career in Marketing management.