Overview of MBA IN ACCOUNTING
In today’s world, with the rapidly growing markets ever expanding into many different kinds of businesses, it is important that one understands how to account for the costs and financial status of the company in order to make profit or loss analysis and other interpretations. Erroneous analysis of calculations as such can prove to be dangerous and can have be fatal to the company’s performance. Therefore an MBA in accounting provides students with a platform to understand and learn concepts, procedures and applications of accounting for a company. Students learn to generate reliable and accurate accounting information hence contributing partly to the progress of the company and accelerating their careers too in the process.
Eligibility into such programmes would mean that students satisfy the following criteria:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or any other equivalent degree
2. A suitable GMAT score (or any other entrance exam score applicable, depends upon the university)
3. Work experience of atleast 2 years
Specifications depends upon the university, but the generic criteria remains the same. Some university require that their students will have completed an undergraduate or graduate study of accounts and finance subjects in their course as a pre requisite before taking this course, else for those who do not fall under this criteria are offered some pre-courses on accounting and finance to compensate for the same.
Since this is a career involving figures and legal issues, it is obvious that students must be taught concepts that not only enhance their mathematical and communication skills, but also educate them on legalities and taxation issues that is important while estimating figures for a corporate company or business. Some expected courses are:
1. Auditing, budgeting, tax system
2. Estimating, reporting and organizing of finances of the overall company
3. Generation of figures on the required funds, past profitability, financial status and liquidity
4. Significance of a company’s shareholders, management, lenders, employees, etc.
5. Performance evaluation
6. Taxation policies and other social/economic related policies
7. Corporate level communication, presentation, team work, business analysis training
8. Evaluation and analysis of financial statements
9. Accounting for fraudulent activities
10. And any other economical related courses
To be enrolled in an MBA course specializing in accounting and finance related, students are expected to have excellent math and verbal skills. They must have an eye for catching a disturbance in the usual flow of numbers, cautious attention to the figures during calculations and must have quick but accurate analysis skills. They must have good corporate communication skills which is essential for they need to communicate and quote figures in an effective manner to other management heads within the same firm. In doing so, they can help organize and measure the company or business’s economic activities and predict the next desirable step towards profitable progress.
Some top B-schools offering MBA in Accounting
1. University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Chicago, Illinois (US)
2. Columbia Business School, New York, New York (US)
3. Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, Illinois (US)
4. University of Pennsylvania Wharton Business School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (US)
5. Dartmouth College Tuck School of Business, Hanover, New Hampshire (US)
6. Yale School of Management, New Haven, Connecticut (US)
7. NYU Stern Business School, New York, New York (US)
8. UNC Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, North Carolina (US)
9. Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (US)
10. University of Texas Austin McCombs School of Business, Austin, Texas (US)
11. University of Michigan Ross School of Business (US)
12. Emory University Goizueta Business School, Atlanta, Georgia (US)
13. University of Washington Foster School of Business, Seattle, Washington (US)
14. Indiana U Bloomington Kelley School of Business, Bloomington, Indiana (US)
15. Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business, Houston, Texas (US)
16. Michigan State University Broad College of Business, East Lansing, Michigan (US)
17. Wash U St Louis Olin School of Business, St. Louis, Missouri (US)
18. Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management (US), Nashville, Tennessee (US)
19. USC Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles, California (US)
20. Ohio State University Fisher College of Business, Columbus, Ohio (US)
Coursesmba.com focuses on assisting students towards admissions in top colleges all across world in all the streams of education. For more information, visit www.coursesmba.com or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call at 9533553390.