Overview On Distance Learning
The basic meaning of Distance Learning is education of those students who are physically absent from the school or university.In these courses the student gains knowledge through tutorials mailed by the teacher. These courses are a solution to geographical problem of any student. If a student desires to pursue a course from a particular University but cannot leave his or her current position then Distance Learning is an ideal choice for them.This is extremely helpful in case where a student want to pursue a course from an University out of the country. As leaving your country and going to a new country not only requires courage but a lot of money too. Hence Distance Learning comes to the rescue.
Almost every course like MBA or MCA can be pursued through Distance Learning.
- These courses are meant for those who want to follow the course of their desire but do not want to leave their home town.
- This course is for the gang of friends that wants to pursue different courses from different universities but do not want distance to separate them. Hence sitting together and hanging out and getting your degree or diploma can be achieved through Distance Learning.
- These courses are also for those who are already working and cannot leave their jobs.
- These courses are for those who are physically handicapped and cannot reach the location of institute.
Institutes in India that offer Correspondence courses are-
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad – www.ifheindia.org
- Guwahati University, Guwahati – www.gauhati.ac.in
- Babasaheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur – www.brabu.net
- AIMA, Delhi – www.aima-ind.org
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi – www.ignou.ac.in
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad – www.baou.org
- Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak – www.mdudde.net
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla – www.hpuniv.nic.in
- University of Jammu, Jammu – www.jammuuniversity.in
- IFIM, Bangalore – www.ifimbschool.com
- Kannur University, Kannur – www.kannuruniversity.ac.in
- Awadhes Pratap Singh University , Rewa – www.apsurewa.nic.in
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune – www.bharatividyapeeth.edu
- Indian University of Material Management, Navi Mumbai – www.iimm.org
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune – www.scdl.net
- Distance Learning is very beneficial for those who cannot leave their current location to pursue their goals. This course brings you the same knowledge but at your doorstep.
- It is very flexible as the notes have been mailed to you so you can sit in a garden or in your bed or in your favorite coffee house with your friends and study when you want and leave your query for your instructor.
- It is affordable as you only have to submit tuition fees and not pay for hostel or food or transportation or any other facility.
- It facilitates the learning process for physically handicapped as they do not have to struggle to reach the location.
- It is very convenient for those doing jobs and supporting their families and cannot leave the job.
- It is great help for those having anxiety problems as you can study in your safe zone and do not have to go to new places.